Juggling multiple responsibilities is hard, and maintaining your mental health through it all is even harder. With so much on our plates, it’s easy to neglect ourselves and forget to set aside time to breathe. Here are some tips to implement self-care tactics into your everyday life.
• Be comfortable saying no to extra responsibilities.
• Delegate work to others if you can.
• Know what you need – more sleep, exercise, energy to cook a healthy meal, etc.
• Prioritize yourself – you can’t be a good employee, parent, friend, etc., if you don’t take care of yourself.
• Be positive and give yourself credit.
– Haley Pegg & Sandra Lindquist, New Orleans Chamber