DevelopOctober is recognized as American Pharmacists Month, a time set aside to acknowledge and commemorate the contributions of pharmacists. To celebrate the 200+ talented pharmacists on our staff, we are sharing some fun facts.
• The pharmacists on our staff average 4.5 years of tenure and 867 years of experience working at BioScrip.
• Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper and Pepsi were all invented by a pharmacist.
• Benjamin Franklin was a pharmacist.
• Agatha Christie was a pharmacy technician.
• The first U.S. licensed pharmacist set up shop in the New Orleans French Quarter in the early 1800s.
– Kim Harvey, BioScrip Infusion Services