Did you know 25% of Houstonians were born in other countries? The culinary scene celebrates this diversity more and more, with some local eateries even boasting one-of-a-kind menu items with Bayou City flair.
• Crawfish & Noodles adds lemongrass and basil to their boil for a flavor native to Houston.
• The spicy fried Pakistani chicken at Himalaya was invented here.
• Reggae Hut brings authentic Jamaican flavor to the Third Ward.
• Brisket sushi exists at Qshi Bistro in Spring.
• James Beard winner Hugo offers an authentic Mexican fusion experience like no other.
All are currently open for takeout – and some for socially-responsible dining.
– Kristie Coggins, The 100 Companies