I’ve been working remotely for nearly three years and have learned a lot about staying focused. Here are some tips for the rookies:
1. Stick to a routine: For me, it’s walking the dog, working in my home office until at least 3 p.m. and then answering emails in my comfy chair for the rest of the day.
2. DON’T WORK FROM YOUR BED. You will dream about work.
3. Turn off the TV: It’s incredibly distracting. If you need white noise, get a sound machine.
4. Go outside: This is one of the only things we can do, and it truly helps.
– Erin Hogan, The Pittsburgh 100